Thursday, May 3, 2012

Something Happy to Report

Yesterday evening, I went to the hill climbing workout with my club. I seriously, seriously did not want to go. My feelings of demoralization were epic and the last thing I wanted to face was sucking at hill climbing in front of my group. But, I am happy to report that the evening turned out very well. There were 11 of us there and it was a nice, happy group of people. We climbed 6 different hills for a total of 14 climbs. As we rode from hill to hill, we chatted and laughed. Nobody was riding like an insane maniac with something to prove on the way to the next hill. Sometimes, when we were climbing, I was the last one up but just by a couple of bike lengths and sometimes I wasn't last. My legs felt strong and I really enjoyed myself. It was a lovely evening. I was wearing a nice new outfit. My bike was a pleasure to ride. It restored my spirit a little bit.

1 comment: