Sunday, January 1, 2017

Resolution "Run"

Today I did the 5K Resolution Run, which I signed up for in August, right after my second hip surgery, knowing I'd be ready to go by today. I've been getting back into things in the last few weeks. I started spinning and have been looking forward to this event as a test of where I'm at and what I can do with my still-healing hip. I got a nasty case of bursitis after my second surgery and it has delayed my recovery somewhat. It's getting better now, though, and today's "run" felt great. I actually walked it, as I will always do now. Some people run after their hip replacements but I'm not going to take the chance. I want my new joints to last. Anyway, my goal is to walk the run portion of triathlon events now at a pace that's fast enough to finish under the cut-off time in an Ironman. I was able to hold that pace for the 5K I did today so I'm feeling good about that as a baseline. I'm eager to get back into training and today was a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment