Friday, May 30, 2014

Moving Forward

It's been a while since I've posted. I've been on my own for a few months now and I've been doing my best to move forward in some way every day. Things are falling into place for my new life and I look to the future with anticipation.

As for triathlon, well, that's still stalled a bit due to some lingering injuries. However, I have continued to train as much as possible. Last week was my club's annual cycling trip to Drumheller, where we are able to get lots of riding in. This built nicely on the solid bike training I did over the winter. I have been pretty faithful with swimming, although a trip to Europe in April and an ear infection in May interfered with that a little. I'm back on track now, though. I haven't run for about two months, though, since my hip is still giving me trouble.

Generally, my hip is just locked up. My muscles are so tight - it's because of overuse. I've been going to physio for IMS (needles) and to a chiro for active release therapy. I think it's helping but it makes me feel pretty beaten up. Now that June is upon us, I want to shift my focus away from rehab and think more about doing yoga and re-building my fitness in all three sports.

I was going to do Ironman Coeur d'Alene this year but decided instead to transfer that registration to a half iron later in the year. So I am now registered for Ironman 70.3 Austin on October 26. I'm also registered for Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens on August 17. These will be my two races for the year. My brother lives in Lake Stevens so I'll do that race with him and my friend has decided to come with me to Austin, which was a really nice surprise. That will be fun! I'm still going to go to Coeur d'Alene, too, to watch my brother do his first Ironman and to cheer on some friends who are also doing the race.

I am very hopeful that I will be able to get the function back in my hip and be able to train enough to finish these races this year. I still love triathlon and am dying to get back to it in full swing. However, it's not a bad thing to back off and let each season be what it should. This is a year I never expected to have in so many ways but it's good and I am letting it just unfold.


No comments:

Post a Comment