Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sudden Halt!

Two days ago, I told my husband that I was feeling a little tired but that I intended to keep going as long as I could keep going. Well, today is when it all came to a halt.

My recent workouts have been good. I've really enjoyed them and I've felt strong and fast (for me - it's all relative). Things have been good. I am very happy with how my training is going.

However, last night I barely slept, despite my fatigue. When my alarm clock rang at 5:15 to wake me for my swim, I lay there, thinking about whether I could even move my arms around in the water; I just couldn't imagine doing it. I felt horribly guilty but I turned off my clock and rolled over. Sadly, I didn't even fall asleep but I couldn't have moved if I tried. I cancelled one of the three classes I have to teach today - the one I could afford to get one class behind in - and I plan to go home and sleep instead. Tonight, I should be going to spin class but I can hardly bear the thought of the usual Wednesday night brutal spin workout. If I miss the spin it also means that I have to find someone to cover for me since I am the coordinator of our club's spin season. This compounds my guilt.

I guess I've been wondering how long I could manage the pace of things without it taking its toll. My teaching load is very heavy and my training is increasing and I think it has caught up with me a little. I know I'll be OK if I am kind to myself today. I don't think this means anything monumental. I am just tired. I am still committed to my goal and my training but today is most definitely going to be a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment