Monday, April 26, 2010

Coming Along

Well, it's been a few weeks since I a) smelled the coffee and b) got told by my physio. Things are coming along slowly. I had my little cry and pity session about how my race season was all screwed up but I am really OK with all of this now.

I have officially informed the race director of Great White North that I will not be racing this year so this makes my spring and summer very different than it might have been. What I'm hoping now is that I will be able to do a lot of biking this year, as things improve, and maybe a few sprints.

I have plans to go to Penticton in May with a couple of friends to do some riding on the Ironman bike course. I'm not sure that will happen now but I'm holding out hope! I'm also clinging to my plan to do the Vulcan tri in June. My swim times are faster than ever right now and I think I'd do OK on the bike. The run would be nasty since I'm not allowed to run at all right now but I could get through it. We'll see how things go and how smart it is for me to think about racing there.

In August, I am going to ride my bike from Jasper to Banff with a few members of my family. I sure hope I'm all better by then. I'm pretty sure I will be. That will be something new and fun. Then there's the new Banff triathlon in September. I know I'll be ready and raring to go by then!

The early part of the season is still iffy because my hip continues to be very unhappy. But I'm being a good girl - taking it easy, doing my exercises - and I know this will turn around soon.

I think I'll be able to salvage the year and still have a lot of fun. I'm going to do all that I can but not go crazy. I have to get back to injury free status so I can tackle the 1/2 iron next year and then start preparing for my first Ironman in 2012 - or maybe the fall of 2011. My husband said he'd be quite willing to go to Cozumel and cheer for me. :)

I'm getting ahead of myself again. One step at a time - but things are coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment